Statement of Values
Dignity and Health for All Children
· We dedicate our skills, resources, and energy to creating a culture that fosters childrens dignity and health by ending child sexual abuse and exploitation.
· We declare that all children are entitled to safe, stable, nurturing relationships and childhoods free from sexual abuse and exploitation.
· We believe that prevention of child sexual abuse and exploitation is possible and is fundamental to protecting children from experiencing physical, psychological and spiritual trauma. We advance a comprehensive definition of “prevention” that includes stopping abuse in physical and digital environments, and which promotes healthy child development and protective factors to minimize risks, early interventions, as well as effective treatments to minimize harm.
· We stand united against the factors that feed demand for child sexual abuse and exploitation whether committed for individual or commercial gain. These include but are not limited to sexual objectification of children, commercial sexual exploitation, pornography, and the hyper-sexualized consumer culture.
Adult & Corporate Responsibility
· We appeal to all adults to acknowledge their individual and societal responsibility for protecting children so that they may experience caring connections with peers and adults, as well as safely grow to experience full, healthy, and productive lives.
· We call on corporations to join in an examination of all their organizational practices and policies to assure that they are not fueling demand for child sexual abuse and exploitation.
· We commit to work collaboratively with government, the non-profit sector, and private industry to find, cultivate, and fund the solutions necessary for prevention strategies to flourish.